The Chicago Sister Cities Medical Initiative Program will take place in conjunction with the 15th Annual Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Symposium (September 26–29, 2013). The symposium, which attracts 800 physicians, is an annual professional educational event providing recent clinical and scientific advances in breast cancer research. The program is an unrivaled opportunity to collaborate with a world renowned cancer center, to meet breast cancer experts from around the world, and to learn about practical patient care strategies and the exciting possibilities of breast cancer research.
Through a generous grant from the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation, a competitive application process awarded 14 clinicians from the 28 different Chicago sister cities with the opportunity to attend the symposium held in Chicago. The Chicago Sister Cities Medical Initiative Program provides funding to accepted international physicians and the majority of travel expenses.
• To provide international physicians access to the latest clinically relevant cancer treatment options to share with patients, survivors, and healthcare professionals in their home city.
• To provide international physicians with the opportunity to attend one of the most respected breast cancer meetings in the world.
• To offer a unique perspective to international physicians on how breast cancer treatment options are developed and implemented in the United States.
• To provide an intimate forum of learning, networking and to further develop relationships amongst peers in the field of breast cancer.
• Accra, Ghana: Hannah Ayettey Anie, National Centre for Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine KorleBu Hospital
• Amman, Jordan: Abdulmajeed Dayyat, King Hussein Cancer Center
• Belgrade, Serbia: Snezana Milosevic, Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia
• Busan, Republic of Korea: Jeeyeon Lee, Pusan National University Hospital
• Durban, South Africa: Pramod Reddy, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu Natal
• Galway, Ireland: Peter O’Leary, University College Hospital Galway
• Kyiv, Ukraine: Iryna Djakiv, Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
• Lucerne, Switzerland: Kathrin Schwedler, Neue Frauenklinik Luzern
• Mexico City, Mexico: Cynthia Villarreal-Garza, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia
• Milan, Italy: Arpine Gevorgyan, Istituto Tumori Milano
• Osaka, Japan: Tsutomu Iwasa, Kinki University of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology
• Shenyang, China: Jieqing Li, Fourth People’s Hospital of Shenyang
• Vilnius, Lithuania: Andrej Ostapenko, Institute Oncology, Vilnius University
• Warsaw, Poland: Robert Jędra, Bielański Hospital