For the second year in a row, the Schwaben Athletic Club and the Hamburg Soccer Federation initiated, planned and sponsored a select team from the Hamburger Fussball Verband from October 2–10 for the German-American Soccer Exchange Program. The U14 players have a packed schedule that includes friendly games that everyone is invited to watch.
• Stevenson High School visit
• Family Day – Schwaben family will host the Hamburg players for the day to give them an idea of a day in the life of an American family
• International Friendly Soccer Games at Schwaben Center (301 N Weiland Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL) Games from 10am – 2pm. The games and concession are open to the public.
• City Hall Reception given by 47th Ward Alderman Ameya Pawar on 10/8, facilitated by the Hamburg Committee of CSCI
• German Consulate Reception in Chicago on 10/9
• Hamburger Fussball vs. Chicago Fire at 6 p.m. on October 10 at the Schwaben Center. Open to the public.
The schedule will also include time to eat some Chicago pizza, Navy Pier and Willis Tower.
In addition, on Sunday, October 6 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., the Schwaben Athletic Club will be hosting an International Friendly Tournament between Chicago Magic Academy, Hamburger Fussball Verband and Schwaben AC. The concession stand will be open and selling bratwurst, hamburger and drinks. The tournament will take place at 301 N Weiland Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089, Field A.