Accepting Applications from November 6, 2017–February 5, 2018.
Complete applications must be received by Monday, February 5, 2018
- Applicant must complete a short eligibility questionnaire; Section 1 (general information) and Section 2 (short essays):
- What qualities do you think make a good leader? How have you demonstrated these qualities in your own life?
- What does it mean to be a girl in city/country? What are some of the challenges and opportunities that affect girls in your country?
- Who inspires you, and how does (s)he demonstrate leadership?
- What are some activities/hobbies that you have actively engaged in?
- What do you think is one of the major problems facing the world? How do you think you can be a part of making an impact to fix this problem?
- Applicant’s parent/custodian must complete Section 3
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or mentor describing what qualities make the applicant a good candidate for the 2018 Global Youth Ambassadors must be submitted by February 9, 2018
- If we have any follow-up questions, phone or video interviews may be scheduled between February–April, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed by an independent review committee. Each application will be read by at least 3 reviewers. In scoring, reviewers consider several things, including: if the applicant submitted thought-provoking responses that were clearly communicated; how well the applicant demonstrated a clear understanding of leadership; to what extent did the writer demonstrate original and thoughtful thinking about challenges facing girls; and the recommendation letter.
Notification e-mails will be sent to all applicants by April 16, 2018.