CSCI Cheering Stations at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
In celebration of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, various Chicago Sister Cities International committees will join with international organizations and foreign consulates to cheer on and celebrate international runners at points along the marathon route on Sunday, October 9. Stations will have signs in foreign languages, flags and other activities.
Committee Cheering Station Locations
- Gothenburg, Sweden: Corner of Wells and Division
- Hamburg, Germany: In front of Café Vienna and Catering in Lincoln Park (2523 N. Clark Street), on the east side of Clark between St. James Place and Deming Place
- Milan, Italy: Northwest corner of Halsted and Taylor Streets
- Osaka, Japan: Northeast corner of Sedgwick and Eugenie Streets, with a lively taiko drum performance
- Paris, France: Southeast corner of Clark Street and Deming Place
- Vilnius, Lithuania: Southwest corner of Halsted and Polk Streets, on the UIC campus
The Gothenburg, Hamburg and Paris Committees will also be hosting welcome receptions for runners from the respective countries they represent. The Hamburg Committee is facilitating home stays for German runners and will welcome runners at a booth at the Marathon Expo on October 7 and 8.
In addition, the Hamburg Committee will be hosting a delegation of six police officers from Hamburg who will be running the marathon. The police officers will also be spending a day with the Chicago Police Department.
More information about the marathon can be found at chicagomarathon.com.