CSCI Cheering Stations at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
In celebration of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, various Chicago Sister Cities International committees will join with international organizations and foreign consulates to cheer on and celebrate international runners at points along the marathon route on Sunday, October 8. Stations will have signs in foreign languages, flags and other activities.
Committee Cheering Station Locations
- Hamburg, Germany: In front of Café Vienna and Catering in Lincoln Park (2523 N. Clark Street), on the east side of Clark between St. James Place and Deming Place
- Osaka, Japan: Northeast corner of Sedgwick and Eugenie Streets, with a lively taiko drum performance
- Paris, France: Southeast corner of Clark Street and Deming Place
- Toronto, Canada: Mile marker nine on Clark Street between Diversey Parkway and Webster Avenue
- Vilnius, Lithuania: Corner of Halsted and Taylor Streets
The Paris Committee, in partnership with the Consulate General of France, will be hosting a welcome reception for runners from France, and the Consulate General of Lithuania will be hosting a welcome reception for runners from Lithuania. The Hamburg Committee is facilitating home stays for German runners and will welcome runners at a booth at the Marathon Expo on October 6 and 7.
As part of marathon weekend, international runners will also be welcomed at the Advocate Health Care International Chicago 5K on the morning of Saturday, October 7. More information on the 5K can be found at chicago5k.com.
Nine race directors from Chicago’s sister cities will be in attendance for the marathon:
- Athens, Greece
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Birmingham, UK
- Hamburg, Germany
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Osaka, Japan
- Paris, France
- Shanghai, China
- Toronto, Canada
More information about the marathon can be found at chicagomarathon.com.