International Cheering Stations at Bank of America Chicago Marathon Route
In celebration of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, various Chicago Sister Cities International committees join with international organizations and foreign consulates to cheer on and celebrate international runners at points along the marathon route. Stations will have signs in foreign languages, flags and other activities.
View Chicago Marathon Cheering Stations in a larger map
Committee Cheering Station Locations
• Gothenburg, Sweden: Northwest corner of Division and Wells Streets
• Lucerne, Switzerland: Northeast corner of Franklin and Washington Streets
• Osaka, Japan: Northeast corner of Sedgwick and Eugenie Streets, with a lively taiko drum performance
• Paris, France: Southeast corner of Clark Street and Deming Place
• Vilnius, Lithuania: Southwest corner of Halsted and Polk Streets, on the UIC campus
The Osaka, Paris and Vilnius Committees will also be hosting welcome receptions for runners from the respective countries they represent. In addition, the Hamburg, Germany Committee will have a booth representing the City of Hamburg at the Marathon Expo on Friday and Saturday, October 11–12 at McCormick Place Convention Center, along with a welcome reception and sightseeing tours for German runners.
For more information on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, please visit www.ChicagoMarathon.com.