International Cheering Stations at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
In celebration of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, various Chicago Sister Cities International committees join with international organizations and foreign consulates to cheer on and celebrate international runners at points along the marathon route on Sunday, October 11. Stations will have signs in foreign languages, flags and other activities.
Committee Cheering Station Locations
• Gothenburg, Sweden: Corner of Wells and Division
• Hamburg, Germany: In front of Café Vienna and Catering in Lincoln Park (2523 N. Clark Street), on the east side of Clark between St. James Place and Deming Place
• Osaka, Japan: Northeast corner of Sedgwick and Eugenie Streets, with a lively taiko drum performance
• Paris, France: Southeast corner of Clark Street and Deming Place
• Vilnius, Lithuania: Southwest corner of Halsted and Polk Streets, on the UIC campus
The Birmingham, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Mexico City and Paris Committees will also be hosting welcome receptions for runners from the respective countries they represent. The Hamburg Committee is facilitating home stays for German runners and will welcome runners at a booth at the Marathon Expo on October 9 and 10.
For more information on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, please visit www.ChicagoMarathon.com.
Galter Life Center is a sponsor of the Gothenburg-Mexico City Marathon Reception.